Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Friends


            Friends are not a luxury. They are not optional. They are not required, they are not bought or sold, nor are they given and taken. You do not give a person. Weather it is yourself, or anyone else. Nor do you take a person. Nor do you buy or sell a person. A friend is just the same. A friend is a safe zone, a life jacket, a shelter. They keep you safe.
It’s like your favorite stuffed animal. You don’t remember exactly when you got it, or where, the how or the why, you just don’t remember them. All you remember is that you love them, and because of that, you love them. I don’t know about you, but my life has gone by in a complete blur. And do you know what I remember the most? It’s not what I see, feel, smell, taste, or touch. It’s the love that I have felt from friends, Family, Neighbors, The joy of reaching one’s dreams. It’s what you feel when your favorite music is blasting louder than you can take, and you’re surrounded by friends. Love. Love lasts, Love is permanent. Love is something you can’t change or take away. And I’m not talking about “love” I’m not talking about the way you feel about ice cream or the beach, I’m talking about the way you feel about your family, or your best friend. The people who you can’t imagine living without.

Friends make you happy. A true friend will go out of their comfort zone so that you can feel good. A true friend, will give up what makes them most happy in order to make you happy. They’d give up their lives to save yours.
Friends know what you like. They take time to know you. When they hear your voice they should stop everything and listen to what you have to say. Even if their trying to save your life.

I wish my friends were like this. I hope I strive towards this, because this is how I imagine a good friend.

So far when I think of this, I can only think of one friend I have. I won’t tell you her name, but I think she knows who she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment