Monday, June 9, 2014

Cross Point

Perspective. The whole of this peice very possibly could be sumed up in the  singular word, perspectove. When asking for ideas before I began the project, every one gave me a dofferent opinion, and even afterwards, I still received ideas that were different from my own. Though I was familar with acrylic, this peice taught me to layer, blend, layer, repeat. As I attempted to recreate the look of old wood on the peice. The drivig idea behind the peice, was the cross. From the perspective of many, it is a fencepost, keeping them in. Bordering their lives, and restraining them from being free. To the perspective of others, it is a lantern, a comfort, and a resting place.
Hopefuly, one can look upon the peice and be comforted, not set on edge, and realize, though a fence post the cross may be, it is one that protects us from something much worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment