Wednesday, October 14, 2015

The Best Art Supply Shop does not carry Art Supplies

I personally agree whole heartedly with the concept of Art being more than just the standard acrylics, paper, or pen. Thinking outside of the box is part of what Art's all about, and a majority of what I spend my childhood doing. A great number of art pieces that are well known or praised, are the ones that don't feature someone one would often expect. Using the unexpected actually reminds me a bit of a project I completed last year, if I may retouch on "Typing Art" Posted all the way back in January!
Using something no one wanted (A 1920's Encyclopedia of Non-Fiction Authors), I was able to not only create a work of art, but also something that was temporarily, functional.
I say Temporarily because remember that issue I had with the tablet sliding out?
Yeah..
that happened...
The screen blistered, and I had to get a new tablet... and was forced to throw my lovely project in the trash... I will try to do something similar in the future however, as I loved that project.
Here's an image for the lazy ones who don't want to scroll through to January.


I'm sure by now, you're aware how obsessed I am with words... words can be used too!!  They make beautiful pictures that anyone can enjoy! 
(I bear no claim to this photo or any that follow)

Nature can be art! 

Shoes can be art! 

Really, anything can be made into art, if you just set your mind to it.





No comments:

Post a Comment