Saturday, January 11, 2014

New Years Resolutions, and Challenges to You.

Hello Readers! (that sounds so weird... I didn't expect anyone to read this blog.)
I know.. I haven't posted anything in just about FOREVER.
But recently, God's placed something on my heart as I attempt to change my lifestyle to better honor him.
This year, in ever post I make, I will issue a challenge.

Today's Challenge: Take only that which is offered to you.

I know, it's a weird one. Essentially, what I'm saying is, don't ask for a piece of cake, but instead only take a piece of cake if someone asks if you want one. 
Or, don't ask someone to do something for you, only have them do it if they offer to. 

Thoughts behind this:
Ever since we're infants, our own will and want often gets in the way of others. We find ourselves constantly asking "More! More!" Or asking if someone else can do something for us. Of course, those questions are necessary for things such as those which we cannot do, but often, we abuse the ability to request help and ask people to take care of something for us so that we don't have to do it ourselves.

God never asks for anything from us, but he lovingly takes and cherishes everything he is offered.

In that, I believe is a way we can be like him. Instead of thrusting ourselves upon situations, ideas, or objects, we wait patiently, and cherish it  every moment it rests in our hands. Help always will be, and always is needed for most things, but help God will always provide if you ask him for it. Humanity will often fail us, and make us unable to carry on. God however, will always be more than willing to lend a helping hand, and he never asks for anything more than you are willing to give in return. 

Okay, I admit, I broke this challenge today when I came up with it (the cake was yummy :3). But that's why I came up with it. So we are more conscious of when we take something. Everyone has goals, but none can be obtained by being greedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment