Saturday, January 11, 2014

Dating Jesus: Part 2: Chicken Noodle Soup

Recently, I caught the sniffles, and I told my boyfriend, then he brought me chicken noodle soup.
Just kidding.
Truthfully, I caught the sniffles, and my "boyfriend", Jesus Christ used the teachings of my church bible study group to display to me, just how much he truly loves me.
In reality, our sickness is much worse than a little cold.
As a matter of fact, it's much deadlier as well.
Our illness, sin, is horrible.
Deadly.
Contagious.
Chronic.
However, despite that, let me put this into an analogy some will understand.
In the book of Hosea, God speaks through the Prophet Hosea and tells him to take a wife from among the prostitutes, and have children from prostitution. Why? To use Hosea as an example. We, as the human race, have been sleeping around, or being prostitutes for sin. Yet, Jesus Christ, despite how much we love to be prostitutes, peruses us, loves us, and happily marries us, demanding of us that we commit to one man, and one man alone.
Male Readers, please insert girl whenever I state man, homosexuality IS a sin, specifically stated several times in the Bible. (Even though I don't know why you're reading a section on dating Jesus, but it's your own choice)
We are adulteres, prostitutes, and deathly ill.
Yet, Jesus is our redemption. He asks us to commit our lives to a singular man. He asks us to commit ourselves to him alone. Not to another thing, ever.
Our God is a jealous God, a husband who wants all of you, not some, but all.
Recently I was asked (by myself) Why I'm comparing God, aka, Jesus, aka, the holy spirit, to a boyfriend, or saying he's the perfect husband, when most compare him to a father. In modern society, whom do you value more? Your boyfriend or your daddy?
Seriously, that's a question I have.
The comparison comes straight out of the New Testament. Jesus is said to be the coming bridegroom, and the church, the bride, and we, are the church.

No comments:

Post a Comment