Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Don't Mention it.

I'm sure we all have seen them. The people whom will NOT STOP TALKING.
I know, I'm probably one of them.
What surprises me, is whenever I mention God, the Bible, praying, or well, just about anything savior related around some people, I can sense them recoil. They may not do it physically, but I can look at their eyes, or simply tell, they hate the church stuff. They do.
I've never really been able to tell why these people seem to hate the love of God.
Then, I clicked on a youtube channel which was supposedly held by a Christian man.
That video, made me want to get as far away from Christians as possible.

These people, whom recoil in the name of Christ, are not demon possessed (in most cases), not fearful of the love of God. Not even fearful of Christ.

They, are afraid of us "Christians".

It makes me sick.

I hate it.
I really do.
I hate the fact that now, we followers of the Lord are becoming known not for being reflections of the Lord, but goody-two-shoes that are both self-rightous, and hypocritical.

As a Christian girl myself, I try to do three things the best I can.
1: Glorify God
2: Guard my heart
3: Be an example of Jesus to those around me.

I'm sure just about anyone is familiar with the first and second ones. Give God the Glory, not thyself, etc. Yet the Third one is one I'd like to touch base on today.

If Jerry only swears when Sue isn't around, Sue won't know he swears right?
Plus, if Sue only acts like Jesus when Jerry isn't around, how will Jerry know that Sue loves God?
When we love someone, we try to do everything we can to be like them. I was once told about a girl whom hated sports, but was dating a guy who liked UNC. Her father and family loved State, but, when asked, she always rooted for UNC, because her boyfriend liked that team.

Christians have been called candles, tools, fishermen, shepherds, sheep, and many other things.
My favorite, is Actors.
William Shakespeare was onto something when he said the famous quote "We are all but players, and the world is a stage."
We are all actors, portraying a character, and in the case of Christians, we should stop portraying some kind of evangelical clown, or super devoted minion of a mastermind. We should portray Christ. With compassion, love, patience, joy, self-control, and one we seem to forget, peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment