Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Two In One- Art 1

In art one we are currently working on Two-In-One art pieces. My piece, picture below, is inspired by the stories of the Dryads and Naiads of Myth and Legend. The story behind the piece is about a mermaid, whom was cast ashore on a cliff side during a storm. Unable to return to the sea, her tears watered the seeds of her love for the land she now was cursed to stay, and thus, she rooted to the cliff side. Turning slowly into the first Dryad.For the piece, I'm working with Charcoal on large paper, as to challenge myself. In the past I've mostly drawn with graphite and marker, as well as crayon. Though, most popularly I've used acrylic paint on stretched canvas, between the sizes of 2" by 2" and 11" by 10". The difficulties I've had with the piece first off are that I neglected to portion the drawing properly, and cannot fit my entire idea. Plus, with charcoal, it is exceptionally hard to do the detailing needed to portray tree bark in the moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment