Thursday, March 27, 2014

Queen Jane of the Blonds.

I fell in LOVE with this piece as I was painting it. Acrylic on Canvas may not be too new me, as it is my primary method of art. Yet, it was only my second time doing a portrait from a photograph of a friend. I drew inspiration from a photo she sent me to do one of her as a queen. After all, she always plays the queen when we roleplay. #geek. The main piece itself is inspired by the art of the renaissance.
As I molded my friend from the paint I often found difficulty getting the tones just right, and they would either be too yellow, or too light for me to use on the intended area. More than once I had to turn away from the painting, and do something else so I wouldn't ruin it. I learned methods of moving the brush to blend, or at texture without adding streaks to the painting. Overall, I love the way this turned out, and can't wait to gift it to my friend the next time I see her.

No comments:

Post a Comment