Sunday, January 19, 2014

New Chapters

Hey everyone!
How have you been doing on that challenge I issued you last week?
Seriously, congratulations to anyone who has met it so far!
No worries if you have not though! Week 2 is here for you with a brand new challenge.
Alright, so Time is a big thing for everyone these days isn't it. We always seem to be out of time, have too much time, or right on time. Time for this, Time for that. Time Time Time Time.
We sound like Gallifreayans we speak of time so much. (Doctor Who Reference there!)
Often, we become so enthralled in trying to be something, wether it's a good student, a good home-maker, a good parent, or even a good evangelist, that we neglect taking the time to speak to the one who made us, or even worse, we lack to simply listen.
Just the other night, I saw some friends of mine I hadn't seen in ages. They never got a word in, because I was so busy trying to talk to them, that I neglected to let them talk to me.
God is the same.
As much as we want to talk to him, he wants to talk to us all the more.
I admit, today I opened my Bible because I had nothing else to do after my test.
Like just about anyone, I couldn't figure out where to start. Genesis, and pretty much the entire new testiment excluding revelation had already been victim to my boredum, but I wanted something new. Often, at times like this, I would hold my Bible by the spine and ask God to open it to the page he wanted me to read. Almost always, it opened to where my bookmark was, or Psalms, or both.
Today, a voice inside me chanted "Ezekiel."
At first, I was a bit sceptical, the Prophets often bored me as they were mostly threats to destroy one city or another. Yet, I turned to it anyway.
Ezekiel didn't really capture my attention till a few words in. Then, he gave the exact date. The Fifth Day of the Fourth Month, in the 30th Year.  I researched the jewish calendar for a few minutes, and I discovered that the date would have been about June 14th, 30 BC. This was the first time I'd seen a date that specific in the Bible.
In my book, the Prolauge takes place at the end of summer in 2016. It begins early summer, 2017.
In order to understand where I'm going with my book let me just say this.
-I'm writing a book about Angels
-I'm trying to make it Biblically acturate, as well as secular enough that it can be read by someone without any scripture knowledge.
-I needed to figure out a timeframe for this book.

The passage that followed that date, described a vision given to Ezekiel, which I interpret to have been four angels, and the spirit that came with them, was a reflection, merely a reflection, of God.

Challenge: Count each time you speak and keep track of how much you talk a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment